The user manual may be altered at any time to assist in quality improvement.
The design and product development may be upgraded without public notice.
Read the user manual carefully before operation.
Further information is available in the user manual and service manual.
Service personnel are required to read the user manual and service manual carefully before operation.
SAVE AND READ THESE IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Important Safety Instructions
ℹ️ Please read all instructions carefully before operating
This appliance is intended for domestic and light commercial use only. Any other use is not recommended and may cause fire, electrical shocks or other injury to persons or property.
⚠ AVOID SPLASHING WATER TO THE HEATING TUBES
- Use only as directed in the User Manual.
- Do not allow children or persons with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities to operate the unit without adult supervision.
- Only designed for use in a 200-240V, 50Hz outlet.
- The heater must not be located immediately below a socket outlet.
- Do not use this heater with a programmer, timer, separate remote-control system or any other device that switches the heater on automatically, as a fire risk exists if the heater is covered or positioned incorrectly.
- Do not use this heater in the immediate surroundings of a bath, a shower or a swimming pool, or in any situation where it could get wet.
- Keep all flammable materials such as furniture, bedding, paper, clothing and curtains, at least 90 cm from the front and top of the appliance. Do not use the appliance in areas where gasoline or other flammable liquids are used or stored.
- This appliance gets very hot when in use. To prevent burns, do not touch hot surfaces with bare skin. Use the handle when moving the appliance. To prevent overheating and the risk of fire, DO NOT cover the appliance while it is in operation.
- Connect the appliance directly to a suitable outlet. DO NOT use this appliance with an extension cord or outlet strip. To prevent current overload and blown fuses, make sure that no other appliance is plugged into the same outlet or into another outlet wired into the same circuit.
- It is normal for the heater’s plug and cord to feel warm to the touch. However, an excessively hot or deformed plug or cord is not normal and may be the result of a defective electrical outlet. Defective outlets must be replaced before using the heater. Plugging the heater into a worn outlet may result in overheating of the power cord or may be a fire risk.
- If the supply cord is damaged, to reduce the risk of malfunction it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent, or a licensed and qualified professional.
- Make sure that the plug is fully inserted into the outlet. Wall outlets may deteriorate with time, so check the plug periodically for signs of overheating or deformation. If the outlet has deteriorated, stop using it and have it repaired.
- To protect against electrical shocks, do not immerse the unit, plug or cord in water, or spray with liquids.
- To prevent damage to the unit, switch the heater off first by pressing the "STANDBY" key, before unplugging the power cord.
- Do not run the power cord under carpeting, or cover it with rugs or runners. Arrange the cord away from areas where it may be tripped over.
- Do not use this heater if it has been dropped.
- Do not use if there are visible signs of damage to the heater.
- Use this heater on a horizontal and stable surface, or fix it to the wall, as applicable.
- WARNING: Do not use this heater in small rooms when they are occupied by persons not capable of leaving the room on their own, unless constant supervision is provided.
- WARNING: To reduce the risk of fire, keep textiles, curtains, or any other flammable material a minimum distance of 1 m from the air outlet.
- To repair the unit, take it to a qualified service engineer. Repairs carried out by unqualified people may cause damage to the unit or injury to persons or property and void the warranty.
Model: Ionmax ION801
Voltage: 200-240V, 50Hz
Power Rating: 200-1200W, 9 level adjustment
Timer: 1-9 hour setting, automatic switch-off at 10 hours
Heating Elements: 2 far infrared ceramic coating sheath heaters (Average emissivity over 0.9)
Auto Swing: 70°
Manual Rotate: 60°
Tilt Angle: Smooth 10° downward to 30° upward
Dimensions: 354 (width) x 318 (depth) x 729 (height) mm
- Instant far infrared heating. Energy is not wasted heating the air.
- Thermal waves easily penetrate and warm up the body. (4~14µm far-infrared)
- Nine heat settings (200W to 1200W) to meet the needs of low power (for near use) or high power (for far use).
- 120° coverage (50° radiation and 70° auto swing. Additional 60° manual adjustment for fine tuning).
- 1 - 9 hour timer (default 10-hour auto switch-off).
- Versatile tile: 10° downward and 30° upward.
- Top handle for easy lifting and tilting adjustments.
- Smart postures for automatic balance.
The body of the unit can be manually tilted between 10° forward (downward) and 30° backward (upward). The unit will keep itself balanced.
Place the unit on a flat and stable surface.
Note: For safety reasons, the unit will automatically shut itself off when tilted or if it falls over.
Connect the power plug to the appropriate electrical socket outlet.
The heater is preset to remain switched off after initial connection to a power
Press the STANDBY key to turn the appliance ON. Power light will illuminate.
Press the STANDBY key again to return device to Standby mode. Power light will switch off.
Wattage and swing settings will be resumed the next time it is switched on (if there is no power failure).
There are 9 heat settings.
Press the "High" key or "Low" key to increase or decrease the heat level.
One or two LEDs will illuminate to indicate the heat setting.
By default, the unit will only operate for 10 hours at a time when switched on. When no "TIMER" is set (the timer LEDs are not illuminated), the unit will operate for 10 hours and turn off automatically.
Press the “TIMER” key to select the desired operating time (1 - 9 hours).
Pressing the "TIMER" key once activates the timer at 1 hour. Continue pressing to extend hourly or to switch the timer function off.
One or two LEDs will illuminate to indicate the timer setting.
The unit will automatically switch off at the end of the selected time period.
As the timer counts down, the timer LEDs will change to indicate the time remaining.
Press the “SETTING” key to select Swing or Stop. The swing angle is 70°. When swinging, the “Swing” LED illuminates.
The unit can be manually rotated through 60°. The swing is based on the manually rotated position.
Press and hold the “SETTING” key for 3 seconds to set the Child Lock mode.
Press the key for another 3 seconds to release the Child Lock mode. When locked, the “Lock” LED illuminates.
When the unit is switched on and Child Lock is set, only Standby and Child Lock release can be activated.
Child Lock can also be set when the unit is switched off. When switched off and locked, no other key (except Child Lock release) can be activated.
Clean the unit regularly or when there is dust inside the grille and on the reflector surface, as dust buildup may reduce the thermal reflection performance and can increase the risk of fire.
To clean the unit:
- Switch off and unplug the unit. Wait until the unit has completely cooled down.
- Release the fixing screw for the protective grille.
- Gently slide the protective grille up to release the lower right corner.
- Slide the protective grille back down to release the upper right corner.
- Open the grille as shown.
- Use a soft, dry cloth (or damp but NOT dripping wet) to clean the reflectors and other surfaces.
- After cleaning, close the grille and reattach it in the reverse order of removal.
- DO NOT operate the unit WITHOUT fixing the grille in position.
- Make sure the unit is unplugged and dry.
- Cover it and store in a cool, dry place.
The following conditions are normal:
- The unit switches off after 10 hours of operation, even without a timer being set.
- The unit switches off while being manually tilted.
If your unit is not operating as expected, please check the following solutions first:
|Unit not operating
|The unit is unplugged
|Make sure the power plug is pushed completely into the electrical outlet and switched on
|Power cable not plugged in properly
|Plug in power cable correctly
|Excessive dust buildup on reflectors
|Switch off and unplug the unit. Then, clean the reflectors
|Loose parts inside the unit
|Contact customer service centre
|Swing motor is faulty
|Contact customer service centre
|Indicator lights not switching on
|Product circuit control failure
|Contact customer service centre
|Powered on but buttons are not responding
|Child lock is activated
|Deactivate child lock by pressing the Setting button for 3 seconds. The "Lock" LED will switch off.
Please contact Ionmax support if any problem persists. Do not try to repair the unit yourself, as this could cause an electrical shock and void your warranty.
Congratulations on your purchase! It is our aim to provide you with quality products that you can trust. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage.
You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
The product is guaranteed to be free from defects in workmanship and parts for a period of 24 months from the date of purchase. Defects that occur within this warranty period, under normal use and care, will be repaired, replaced or refunded at our discretion, solely at our option with no charge for parts and labour. The beneﬁts conferred by this warranty are in addition to all rights and remedies in respect of the product that the consumer has under the Trade Practices Act and similar state laws.
Proof of Purchase
This warranty is valid for the original purchase and is not transferable. Please keep your purchase docket or receipt as proof of purchase and as proof of date on which the purchase was made. The purchase docket (or a copy) or receipt must be presented with the warranty when making a claim under this warranty.
Service during the Warranty Period
To claim for warranty, contact us on 1300 800 200 or email@example.com to get an RA# (Return Authorisation Number) or submit a support ticket on my.andatech.com.au. Ensure that the RA# is clearly stated on the outside of the packaging and that the product is properly packaged so that no damage occurs to the product during transit. Shipping of the product back to us for warranty will be at your cost. A product return without the RA# will not be accepted.
Extent of Warranty
This warranty is limited to defects in workmanship or parts. All defective products or parts will be repaired or replaced. This warranty does not cover manuals and packaging.
Normal Wear and Tear
This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear to the product or parts.
This warranty does not cover:
- Any defect caused by an accident, misuse, abuse, improper operation, lack of reasonable care, unauthorised modiﬁcation, loss of parts, tampering or attempted repair by a person not authorised by the distributor.
- Any product that has been damaged by a lightning strike either directly or indirectly or a main power surge or liquid ingress.
- The product if it is located outside of Australia.
- Any damage caused by improper power input or improper cable connection.
Register your Ionmax Ray online at my.andatech.com.au or fill out this form and forward it to the address below with a copy of your proof of purchase. Contact us at 1300 800 200 or visit ionmax.com.au for options to extend your warranty.
Andatech Pty Ltd
PO Box 3038, Nunawading VIC 3131, Australia.
Phone: 1300 800 200 Fax: 1300 883 802 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Date of Purchase
|Place of Purchase